Love

February 14, 2014

love block2

Start with a carved block

Add red ink

red ink

After a bunch of alterations and press issues, you get something like this

red-love

A little sloppy, but that’s how love is!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

1. Jean permalink
    February 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Very “lovely”, 10 star good

2. Rebecca permalink
    February 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Very nice! Love is sloppy, the dogs know that, just ask Barney! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Curious on the size of the print….. the carving looks big. As always, my dear…. impressive!

February 15, 2014 8:57 am

the block is only 4″x6″. I had to have my “good eyes” on to do all the paring down of the lines. Maybe one of these days I’ll bring home a lighted swivel magnifier. It might save my fingers. ๐Ÿ™‚
      The love will eventually make it to your mailbox… once the ink dries!

3. February 14, 2014 8:19 pm

very nice!

February 15, 2014 8:57 am

Thanks Cynthia!

4. Maria Blair permalink
    February 14, 2014 8:48 pm

That is very sweet!

February 15, 2014 8:58 am

I think I’ll hold on to yours until I see you this next week!
      ๐Ÿ™‚

5. mary pachuta permalink
    February 15, 2014 1:04 pm

dear one – put me on the list of people who want to order copies of this print! i’m serious! you’re the best – so grateful to know you…and really hope you’ll let me know prices and time lines on this print….

love you! and always delighted to celebrate seeing your amazing work…thanks for sharing your whole processes with us! be well – susan

February 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Susan, you are on my list. How many are you needing?
      It’s so nice to hear from you. Our paths haven’t crossed for a while. That’s the bad thing about not working in town, I don’t see anyone anymore. Maybe I need to start attending the clay group and life drawing. ๐Ÿ™‚
      Hugs to you!