Stringy Pod Brooch

October 16, 2014

upright brooch1

brooch_side1

Here is the finished bit of craziness started yesterday.

Height- 4″

Width- 1.5″

Materials: mullberry paper, thread, encaustic wax, wire.

Gosh, that was pretty fun. I might have to play around more with small sculptures!

πŸ˜€

1. October 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Lovely Gale, very unusual!

October 17, 2014 9:58 am

Very unusual is right. It goes back to another piece created several years ago. My brain works in strange ways….

• October 17, 2014 3:54 pm

It is funny how ideas linger – I have just started reworking a drawing I began four years ago!

October 18, 2014 9:00 am

Can’t wait to see it!

2. October 16, 2014 8:23 pm

yes! Very cool… will it have a pin for wearing, or a way to wear it locket style? Of just an Object d’arte?

October 17, 2014 9:52 am

I’m still working on a pin. I didn’t quite plan the hinge correctly on this first round. My initial thought was a pendant, but my fingers don’t want to go through the effort of creating the “chain” section.
      Object d’art is another option, but I really want to wear it instead. πŸ˜€

3. October 17, 2014 8:53 am

small is good

4. October 17, 2014 1:08 pm

This is great, I like the thread work, it looks so organic, must be a nice change to do something on a different scale. Karen

October 18, 2014 9:05 am

It is nice to work on a much smaller scale but now I know I need to learn soldering. I’m also pulled to defrost a batch of paper pulp cover the next one differently. We shall see when I gather my energy and push forward. It’s stalled again! πŸ˜€

5. jhv57 permalink
    October 20, 2014 4:27 am

I like them, too. Funny how scale changes things