My favorite non-profit art center has placed a call to artists for their 2013 show schedule: Interested artists should contact Hester Coucke (info below), not me. I guess she has limited it to Linn & Benton counties of Oregon. I wonder if I could convince the group to take on a traveling print exchange like Leftovers? We shall see…
Annual Call for Corrine Woodman Gallery, 2013
We are inviting artists living in Linn and Benton Counties to submit work for the Corrine Woodman Galleries I and II at The Arts Center for the year 2013.
We are looking for work of high quality and imagination; work that can engage our visitors. We are interested in all visual art media, with the exception of performance and film. The selection criteria for the Corrine Woodman Gallery focuses on artistic excellence, imagination, exhibition schedule, appropriate for available spaces.
The selection will be made by The Arts Center Exhibition Committee, which also chooses the exhibitions for the Main Gallery. The Committee has representatives of The Arts Center affiliated Guilds and as well as artist members at large.
Both individual and small groups can apply; work by individual applicants may be grouped by The Arts Center. Artists who have exhibited (or will exhibit) in the Corrine Woodman Gallery in 2012 are not eligible.
The Corrine Woodman Gallery has two exhibition locations; the Corrine Woodman Gallery I in the front part of the building, just off the ArtShop. This intimate gallery space is 7.5 x 9 feet, with 23’ of useable linear wall space. The Corrine Woodman Gallery II consists of a 17’ long wall close to our back entrance, in a high traffic area, specifically equipped for large work or murals.
The CWG I can accommodate 3-dimensional works* just as well as 2-dimensional hanging work; the CWG II is specifically appropriate for larger pieces, and can accommodate small** 3-dimensional works.
We will exhibiting the work of one to two artists at the same time, with both their work placed in the CWG I and II.
* Footprint size up to approx. 24×24” per piece
**Small works should be no larger than 5” deep
· Work will be selected from actual work, not from digital images.
· Artists can bring in 3 pieces maximum; when the pieces are large scale, bring in one piece, and complement submission hardcopy images of other work.
· Work exhibited should be completed in the last two years, unless it concerns a retrospective proposal.
· Due to the intimate nature of the gallery we accept a limited number of artists, maximum of two artists per month. If a group applies, only one group at the time will be selected.
· Work previously shown in The Arts Center is not eligible.
· Artwork needs to be for sale.
· The Arts Center receives a 50% commission on sold artwork.
· Submissions must represent the work which will actually be exhibited.
Method of submissions
· Fill out entry form in clear, readable print, send in/ deliver with a SASE by September 21.
· Entry form is available on line or pick up at The Arts Center.
· Submit actual work, maximum 3 pieces on Thursday September 27, 2 – 5PM.
· Artist name, email, phone number and artwork title should be attached to each work.
· Notifications will be sent electronically. If you do not have email, please supply 5×9 SASE.
· Sept 17 – 21 Submit paperwork for application
· Sept 27, 9 AM–5 PM Bring artwork, clearly marked corresponding information paperwork.
· Oct 1, noon – 5 PM, and Oct 2, 9 – 5 PM
Pick up artwork, work not picked up by Oct. 6, 5 PM, will be accepted as a donation to The Arts Center, unless other arrangements were made in advance.
Send and Bring to:
The Arts Center
Attn: Corrine Woodman Gallery
700 SW Madison Ave
Corvallis OR 97333