An even foot

February 6, 2015

foot2_Feb6_2015

Another quick foot image today. It’s been forever since I’ve tackled attempting body parts. While in school, I loved life drawing class. Pulling out the big sheets of paper onto the drawing boards, sitting on the uncomfortable wooden benches, and getting covered in charcoal. I never dressed nicely while at university. Grubby pants & sweatshirts were my normal attire. I was either in the ceramics studio, printmaking studio or the drawing room. Good memories and lots of stains! The above sketch uses vine charcoal, white chalk, and black conte crayon. More Brown Builder’s paper. I finally feel caught up with the 28 day drawing challenge. πŸ™‚

Happy Friday!

Sketch size: 15″ x 21″ (38cm x 53cm)

1. February 6, 2015 1:44 pm

Nice work. You took me back to my days at art college too. All my clothes ended up with extra splashes of colour from paint, ink or some random substance. My non-art friends were amused and would wonder how I could be so messy. Karen

February 6, 2015 2:57 pm

I think I need to go shopping, my wardrobe is back to the scrounge clothing again. Art school was the best times. πŸ˜ƒ

• February 6, 2015 3:26 pm

I have divided my work and home wardrobes fairly successfully, and while my home wardrobe still gets random splashes of art material, I still manage to show up to work with a veneer of professionalism!

February 6, 2015 3:48 pm

πŸ˜€
        Since I don’t currently work outside the house, things have slacked WAY off! Glad you can keep yourself clean. πŸ˜‰

2. February 6, 2015 2:09 pm

This is lovely. Brought back memories of art college too. Happy days.

February 6, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks Rosie! Such good days…. Seems like you’re able to hold on to some of that same feeling by involvement with Creative Bubble. πŸ˜ƒ

• February 7, 2015 12:00 pm

Yes, it’s been really good for me, helps me enormously to develop creatively

3. February 6, 2015 7:44 pm

Talked to Doyle Leek about re-starting the Life Drawing group at TAC today… more to come!

February 6, 2015 8:14 pm

Nice! A better place than at the university! πŸ˜‰

4. February 6, 2015 7:44 pm

Lovely Foot BTW!

February 6, 2015 8:13 pm

Thanks Cynthia! I should put in a request for the photo of Charlie. It looks like a really great possible print! That is if you would allow me the opportunity to capture yet another one of your dogs. 😊