Cropping

June 21, 2016

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Tuesday was a full day of work, from cropping the image, enlarging, mounting to 2 thin sheets of plywood, drilling, and many hours of cutting. Last night Dave and I talked quite a bit about how to make the image stronger from a distance. That’s been my biggest concern with taking hand-cut paper into a much larger size. Will it read well? By simplifying the design and keeping the bee as part of the focus, I think I’m finally moving in the right direction.

I’m exhausted and don’t have the energy to sit at the computer. My back hurts and needs to get vertical and out on a dog walk. Dinner would be nice too.

More tweaking to come tomorrow. Oh, and 1/3 of the sign materials arrived today. Only 8 more packs to go!

1. June 21, 2016 8:55 pm

This is a lot of work – shows well in the design too. Best wishes this will be well received.

• June 21, 2016 9:23 pm

Thanks Mary! This is just the first square of 12 for a public art piece. More to come!
      Gale

2. June 22, 2016 12:02 am

Wow, this is huge. You need an apprentice to help.

• June 22, 2016 8:56 am

That’s what husbands are for! I’m hoping that I won’t have to call in extra help this year. I had to back in 2014 with the last public art project. The scroll saw is supposed to do most of the work! Now if I could just get it to do all my designing….

• June 22, 2016 8:58 am

Of course, you’re welcome to come help! Unfortunately I won’t be making it to Wales in September or October this year. 😞

• June 22, 2016 10:20 pm

Oh no, what a shame 😦 I was so hoping you could come over, so much to see and do. How about Springtime?

• June 27, 2016 8:01 am

I’m thinking of it! I need to pin things down with Dave and make sure he comes too. I was really looking forward to seeing your show.
        What month in spring would you recommend?

• June 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Our weather is terribly unpredictable which is why we talk about it all the time, but mid March to end of May has a good chance of being dry with sunshine most of the time and the temperatures are usually not too bad. Spring is beautiful here, bluebell woods, primroses and foxgloves along the hedgerows, wild garlic to forage 🙂

• June 30, 2016 11:09 am

Sounds perfect! I’ll be over in the spring!

• June 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Yaaayyyyy we have a nice spare room 😀

3. June 22, 2016 4:04 am

Fantastic!!! But indeed it is a big job and a good walk with the dog is the thing to do! It is really beautiful art work!! Cheers from Ohio, Johanna

4. Rebecca Harkey permalink
    June 22, 2016 4:59 am

Love it and watching the process evolve!

5. June 23, 2016 8:18 pm

The image looks great and I think will do well on the large scale. It’s great you have someone to discuss your ideas with and to lend a hand, that sure is a big piece of art! Karen

• June 24, 2016 6:50 pm

I’m really excited to start on the big pieces once the designs are worked out and I’ll probably drag Dave in for work at different times. Going big is fun!