More Seedpod work

January 29, 2019

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The end of January is quickly approaching and more progress is happening on Anna’s page. I hadn’t actually read through the introduction page since opening the package…..and WOW, I’m so horribly off topic from what it was supposed to be. Edible Plants! Eat Me is the title! What happened in my brain??! These are seriously NON EDIBLE examples of flowering plants. Anna, my deepest apologies for screwing up this page and making it almost a year late in moving forward. Maybe some bug eats iris plants???? I need to do a little checking on google.

Anyway, the page is progressing with pencil, micron pen, water color and colored pencil.

hmmmm….. hoplia callipyge might be my answer. Yes, a bug that loves eating this plant! 🙂

1. January 29, 2019 10:03 pm

That is so funny! When I saw your previous post I was wondering where the edible bit came in, but felt sure you had it under control – the bug will be perfect, a great way of doing it! The drawing is looking so beautiful I would be happy regardless.

• February 1, 2019 10:20 am

Didn’t make the mental deadline, but hopefully will get it completed by Monday. The bug addition has made for more thought. Hope you’re enjoying the cold shift to London! What a weather swap!

2. January 30, 2019 1:31 am

I think there’s a type of iris where the corms are used to make ice cream. Or is that an orchid? Oh, I may be confused. I often am lol 😀

• January 30, 2019 8:30 am

I suspect you’re thinking of vanilla which is a seed pod from an orchid! 😜

• January 30, 2019 11:26 pm

Yes, you’re right, it was an orchid I was thinking of, but not vanilla, I didn’t know that about vanilla pods! I was thinking of the fox testicle orchid from turkey which is used to make an icecream called Salep 😀

• February 1, 2019 10:23 am

Wow, I’ve never heard of Salep. Such an odd common name for the orchid. Bit of a turn off if you miss the orchid part!