Skip to content

And More Leaves

March 20, 2009

Things are finally moving along. The sides required more leaves and I created a sleeve off one shoulder. That part didn’t work. It’s all a learning process.

I used the two window method to build up the sides and create a sleeve.

I used the two window method to build up the sides and create a sleeve.

Once the coat dried, everything was peeled off the glass so “real sleeves” could be produced.

Two sleeves produced on one pane of glass.

Two sleeves produced on one pane of glass.

Voila! A vest is formed!

Dave blocking the wind. We didn't stay out long for fear of rips.

Dave blocking the wind. We didn't stay out long for fear of rips.

After the sides were secured in vest form, I was then able to glue the sleeves into cylindar forms and attach to the coat.

Here we have the finished piece:

Finished Front.

Finished Front.

Finished Back.

Finished Back.

Now all I have to do is finish picking out the clear bits and create a bundle of branches to hang it from. “Winter’s Remains” coat will be complete. Drop off time for the Community Open is Saturday March 21 from noon to 4pm.

Happy Spring!

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: