Project #201

August 28, 2012

It’s actual name is the Brain Conversation #201. I find myself having lots of inner dialogs as I flesh out new concepts or work thru challenging projects.

This particular piece has been in the works for several years. The invitation to participate in Corvallis Fall Festival’s Fine Arts Showcase during the month of September finally helped push the work forward. It’s been stalled for the entire summer as my dad went through all his problems and death. Somewhere in a previous posting are images of the projects start, but I can’t for the life of me recall what year or month.

Jump rings for joining paper (dark annealed steel wire, 22 guage)

Creating the frame and stand took me several days plus extra time getting equipment back in running order. I did learn how to change blades on my table saw and tighten the blade on the chop saw. Today I started filling the frame with paper & wire. It’s taking forever due to all the adjustments.

I’m enjoying the shadows falling behind the work.

It’s 11pm and I think I’ll call it quits for today. Maybe tomorrow I’ll have finished images to post.

May the hanging committee be merciful and accept my work Thursday morning because it won’t be complete by Wednesday!

1. August 29, 2012 12:15 am

I refer you to the first song on Aerosmith’s album Rocks.

August 29, 2012 7:47 am

you’re making me do research? Cruel man! When are you coming back from Japan??? Or are you back and just lurking around the edges…
      Love to see you at Fall Festival!!!

August 29, 2012 7:49 am

you’re making me do research? Cruel man! I’m guessing you’re making reference to “Back in the Saddle”? When are you coming back from Japan??? Or are you back and just lurking around the edges…
      Love to see you at Fall Festival!!!

2. August 29, 2012 11:20 am

That’s the one. It’s such a great beginning to a great album following off of another great album. That song always comes to mind when I’m “re-launching” myself somewhere.

So, with a slight change:

“You’re back. You’re back in the saddle again.”

I’ve been back here for quite a while. I’m hoping to attend Fall Festival. I need to contact M about that.

August 29, 2012 1:23 pm

M’s got plenty of room for you to join in the weekend events. Music galore!
      Just bug him. I’m certain he’ll let ya stay.
      🙂

• August 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Got his permission. He didn’t know where I was, either.

3. Heather B permalink
    August 31, 2012 3:04 pm

I just got a sneak peek of this during setup at The Arts Center, Gale — it is GORGEOUS!!!

September 2, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks Heather! It’s nice to know folks out there might actually find it enjoyable. 😉