Good news and cake

May 23, 2013

Tuesday happened to be my husband’s birthday. Coworkers decorated his office and took him to lunch. I planned a yummy pesto halibut dinner with a chocolate ganache cake (gluten free of course!). A new recipe and possibly a keeper. A little more tweaking required. Might have been even better with real flour.

IMG_1886

cake

On Tuesday, I received an invitation to participate in a large art studio tour this fall. Philomath Open Studio Tour (POST) is in it’s 11th season. Many friends are part of the journey, sharing their work space to hundreds of people over two weekends. Judith Sander has invited me to join her and glass artist Jerri Bartholomew to the studio. It will be small but filled with 3 crazy gals! Save the weekend dates of October 26 & 27 and November 2 & 3 for the event. If I don’t get into the Art in Rural Storefronts project, I’ll have something else to move my work forward.

Speaking of moving forward, looks like our Wingtip Press group will be pushing forward with our proposal to participate in the Rocky Mountain Print Alliance show. 3-4 images will be sent off to Amy today but I’m not certain what at this point. However, this is very exciting!

Tonight will be the opening/closing event at The Arts Center. I’m not feeling very event-ish this morning, but I’ll have to pull on something decent and just do it.

🙂

1. May 23, 2013 8:15 am

Yes you will young lady!

May 23, 2013 10:48 am

😉
      I’ll be there!

2. Katheryn Byram permalink
    May 23, 2013 9:13 am

So glad you are joining us. There was a collective, delighted “yes” when your name was mentioned. Also you could be POST’s official cook, tee hee! K

Sent from Katheryn

May 23, 2013 10:47 am

Kathy, I was so touched to be invited. I have such great respect for all the artists on the tour and still remember you asking me many years ago. It’s great to be in a better position to actually accept the invite!
      Judi did mention the pot-lucks after the meetings. Food is always good! I’m learning to bring good food that I can eat! 🙂

3. May 23, 2013 11:30 am

I am so glad you will be on the POST!

May 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Oh, it will be odd to be on the OTHER side! Looking forward to it!
      🙂