An extra space!

February 27, 2014

Postcard Quilt, 2008, Gale Everett Studio

No sketching today. Way too many things going on surrounding the computer. I’ve been in negotiations for sending the Postcard Quilt off to a new home in Colorado. It’s thrilling to know it will be greatly loved and appreciated for years to come. The quilt was an award winner  back in 2008 at the Howland Community Open (at The Arts Center of Corvallis). Dave will be thrilled to repossess another wall from my art. Yes, it’s been living in his “man cave” along with the giant leaf coat, prints, and now pod lamps. Poor guy, he really is SOL for carving a niche for himself. The dogs, birds and I occupy everything! (insert wicket laugh here!) His space currently hosts many items from my parent’s home.  Maybe this summer I’ll gather energy to move through the rest of it.

Yesterday, I went over to my good friend Cynthia Spencer’s house to use her dedicated photo booth. There is no way I could manage keeping a space free for taking images, but I really appreciate friends who do! Finally I have a few images that actually portray the luminaria lamps pretty well. Pod lamps are next!

Maple Leaf Luminaria, Gale Everett Studio

Maple Leaf Luminaria, Gale Everett Studio

Matting and framing one print for Saturday. Yep, it’s time for the next Howland Community Open. Always a fun experience.

Back to work…

🙂

1. February 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Love the Postcard Quilt! Really awesome.

February 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Thank you very much! 🙂

2. February 27, 2014 10:05 pm

The never ending busy life of an artist. When is there time to sleep?

February 28, 2014 9:02 am

Wait, we don’t sleep, we have insomnia instead! 😉
      At least you seem to get things done during your up time. I try my darnedest to read and fall asleep again.

3. February 27, 2014 10:06 pm

ps Sparta says hello to Nigel

February 28, 2014 9:00 am

Nigel says hello right back. Sparta’s been awfully quiet. You’ve been hogging the ‘pooter box WAY too much!
      😀

• February 28, 2014 11:07 am

hmmmmm she’s reading this, y’know 😉

February 28, 2014 11:19 am

Well, she better be! Nigel is wondering what she’s been up to. Rat kill #’s and such. 🙂

• March 2, 2014 3:53 am

She’s been in most of the time through the winter but she’s getting frisky now spring is coming. We’re keeping her curfewed at night to protect the dawn chorus. She’s such a little fluffy murderer 🙂

4. February 27, 2014 10:50 pm

The postcard quilt is great – love the way the tone changes across it. Always good to know a piece is going to a new home!

February 28, 2014 8:59 am

I could have parted with it years ago but it just never left. I even had an interested art collector. Oh well. I love where it’s ending up.
      Now I need to concentrate on moving other works out the door. 🙂

5. Rebecca Harkey permalink
    February 28, 2014 4:14 am

So, Gale, if you need postcards….. Mom has a bunch maybe I could get her to repurpose… LOL
    Love seeing your art come alive…. Thanks for posting/blogging! Good luck with the next piece!

February 28, 2014 8:57 am

No no no no no! No more postcards! You wouldn’t believe how many I was flooded with after that piece. EVERYONE was saving them for me. I’ve moved well beyond the postcard quilt. 🙂
      Thanks for all your love emanating up from Texas! Give everyone a big hug from us!