Monday certainly kicked off to a good start. I spent part of my day working on new designs for lamps.
The fern has been used before and I continue to enjoy their form. However, they need a longer format than 10″, so now I’m playing with 11″ height and it feels much better.
I also did a quick sketch of a horse eye on a big pad of newsprint. This might lead to more horse related work.
I found horse eyes to be similar to dog eyes, but their upper and lower lids are different. Then toss is the super long hairs below their eyes and a different iris form! Wow! I had just started noticing how long those hairs really are with the horse I see on our dog walks. I would guess it helps protect their eye since they can’t look straight down as easily as us. Eye bumpers in a way.
The really BIG news today was that I made it through round #1 of the jury process for the Art in Rural Storefront project. Yes, I’m thrilled to make it through the first selection! Last night I had a pretty impressive idea run around my brain for a subject area to focus on. The method and material are sorted out (for the most part). Hopefully I’ll find out if a town is interested in my work by months end. Brownsville, Sweet Home, Halsey, Scio, and Philomath are all participating this year. Fingers crossed!