Support Crew

April 26, 2015

Bacon Crew

Life continues to drift in and out of days spent with my brother in Eugene and trying to recuperate from energy spent towards him. I’ve had since Friday “off” but it’s now Sunday and I’m just starting to feel like possibly doing something creative. Friday, I was fortunate to spend a bit of time helping jury the initial applicants for the 2015 Art in Rural Storefronts. The town of Harrisburg Oregon has opened 3 windows for artists. The next round of selection involves town members choosing from the remaining applicants. I’ll actually be taking part in this portion as well. No, I didn’t submit anything, but it would have been fun. I figure two years of acceptance is good enough for now. My projects are way too labor intensive for what I take away. Maybe if I figure out something less crazy….

The above photo is of my attentive house crew. The only reason they are attentive is because we had bacon for breakfast. That always makes the critters so focused!

Below is another cut paper experiment created today. This time it’s blackberry brambles. The nasty things are popping up all over the yard and it’s going to be hard to tackle the majority of them. It would be nice to only have them on paper and not in the yard! The image is 6.5″ x 6.5″ (16.5 x 16.5cm).

Blackberry brambles_GaleEverettStudio

brambles_GaleEverettStudio

More experiments to come!

Mulberry paper, Arches 300gm watercolor paper, balsa wood, glue.

1. April 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Beautiful piece of work!

April 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Thank you Mary! I’m just happy my hands still work. 🙂

2. April 27, 2015 4:49 am

I really like the contrast between the solid leaves and the outline ones, as always such a lyrical composition. I hope the hopeful crew got some bacon too. Karen

April 27, 2015 7:08 am

Thanks for your support of the solid vs cut leaves. My husband really likes it too, so I must be on a good track. Unfortunately, the crew did NOT receive any bacon from me. Of course, there were two of us eating and I suspect someone else caved to the staring eyes. 😉

3. April 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Hang in there! I’ve been going through similar experiences for some time-have my own house crew for that vital emotional support. Not totally bacon centered.
    Beautiful new work.

April 27, 2015 12:43 pm

You hang in there too!

4. April 28, 2015 12:26 am

Love the blackberry brambles!! and your beautiful furry crew!

5. April 29, 2015 4:14 am

The cut work on your brambles is really spectacular. The bacon crew is darn adorable, loving eyes, even if it’s their way of channeling the bacon to their mouths!

April 30, 2015 2:07 pm

They certainly are a persistent bunch. Last night Nigel the cat wanted a taste of salami. He thought it was great until it all came back up!