Adding & Testing
Rot Project Update: I always enjoy attending critique group and last night didn’t fail. Although my selection of current work was rather slim, I took four of the most recent paper cuttings. The big thing I took away from the group (something I already knew in the back of my brain) was the need to use my g-grandfather’s script rather than a font from the computer. This will require loads more work, but in the end it will pay off. Today I chose to play with acrylic washes over the current test which brought up yet another question: Is it better to create color washes over the paper prior to cutting or after? The above test does prove that it is possible to add color after, but special pressing and drying is required. However, all of the cut edges receive color which makes it look more finished. Just another thing to consider as the project moves forward. Goofy-nit-picky things, but it will make a difference in the final product.
Again, if you’re interested in learning more about the Rot Project, please click on the highlighted link !
Book Collaboration update: I’ve been working more on the full page spread, with color starting to make an appearance. Maybe tomorrow I’ll post a photo, depending on how far along I make it. It’s certainly more challenging to work on someone else’s book than my own!