The Zen of Nigel

August 15, 2015

sleeping nigel

This morning Nigel happened to be stretched across the back of the couch, sleeping on Dave’s shorts. I wanted to do something to capture his zen happiness. The sketchbook was downstairs along with all my tools but the ipad was already in my grasp. So I went with it. Happy cat and a very quick sketch using my fingertips on the screen. He didn’t remain there for long.

The baby bunnies have left the nest. I saw one out hopping around this morning. Moby saw it too, but couldn’t catch it! Boy, they sure grow up fast!

1. August 15, 2015 9:57 am

How peaceful, I can see why you wanted to capture this moment. Nice digital sketch.

August 24, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks Sharon. I’m getting much done with my art these days. Too many other hurdles right now!

2. August 15, 2015 1:17 pm

I agree with Sharon, what a lovely peaceful image. It makes me very happy! xo Johanna

August 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Thank you Johanna! The digital realm feel so clunky. I’m much more comfortable with a stick of charcoal or pencil.

3. August 18, 2015 6:13 am

I love how you didn’t let the sketchbook not being within reach to stop you from capturing the moment! I am a mess with my finger….you did a great job!!

August 24, 2015 6:21 pm

Thanks Rebecca! That was the most art I’ve created in a few weeks. I need to get working on things again.