Last month I was asked to contribute a work for our local arts center fundraiser in October. I’m a sucker for helping out this particular group since having been a volunteer and staff member. When the request came forward, I tried to pass along one of the camas plant sculptures, but they wouldn’t take it. Instead, they wanted one of my papercuts. So, they are receiving a smaller version of “A Walk in the Woods”. When I initially created this work, I had issues with one panel, the blackberry vines. The boarder wasn’t perfectly straight and detracted from the overall appearance. After several days of work, I managed to get one to meet my standards. Each square is 4″ x 4″. The overall dimension is 17.5″ x 16.5″ x 2″.
Once the panels were back in place, a photo was needed for publicity. Urgh! I don’t have a designated photo spot, nor a great way to deal with a hanging piece. Fortunately, I have been working on the garage walls and happened to have a large enough space cleared to attach a big sheet of grey fabric to the wall (stapled), set up 3 lights and run a piece of mono filament line to help stabilize the work (removed via photoshop). 2.5 hours of set up gave me the below image.
This is what the garage set-up looked like…. not a pretty scene, nor easy to maneuver through!
I’ve been super quiet of late due to numerous things surrounding my health that I’ve been trying to fix. Let’s just say my brain was sucked dry and creativity/art/life went out the door. I’m slowly adjusting to new medication and hope to get back to creating again once my brain settles down. Philomath Open Studio tour is coming quickly and I’m so behind with creating and also trying to do anything for their blog.
I’m hoping to regain some blogging momentum again, but it might take a few more weeks!