Stitching

September 30, 2015

stitching_galeeverettstudio

It’s been quite a few months since I’ve pulled out the old sewing machine. Unfortunately, it was being cantankerous and not switching over to the regular functions after winding the bobbin thread. After about 15 min of fiddling, it magically went into regular stitch mode. I “doodled” over the paper using red thread. Not certain if it’s a winner yet, but I’ll keep moving this through the process. It’s all an experiment right now.

Tomorrow is the big MRI day. I wish it could be scanning both feet/ankles, but they are going for the original injury site. My therapist and I are keeping our fingers crossed that something productive will come out of this scan. With my luck, it will be nothing conclusive. I just wish I could function without pain. Maybe someday soon!

1. September 30, 2015 9:24 pm

When a sewing machine goes awry, it sometimes produces interesting results…not good for clothing production, but may be good for an art piece… just sayin.
    So far, Me Likey!

Good luck with medical procedures!!
    C-

October 1, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks Cynthia. I’ll be playing more with it as the day progresses. Probably should start assembling a couple of lamps before pulling out the wax mess. 😉

2. October 1, 2015 10:54 am

I hope you get relief from the pain soon x

October 1, 2015 12:22 pm

Thanks Rose. Yes, me too. Fortunately today it’s feeling pretty good. It’s either major scar tissue or a neuroma, or both, or nothing at all….

• October 1, 2015 10:29 pm

Crikey, that’s a lot to sort out. Getting a diagnosis is half the battle.

3. October 1, 2015 1:49 pm

Love the stitching, good luck with the MRI, hope something shows up. I understand your frustration, I have had nerve pain down my fight thigh for nearly three years now and still working through different therapies to find a cure. Karen

October 1, 2015 2:00 pm

Yikes Karen! That sounds awful. I really hope something gets figured out soon to ease your pain. Maybe someday I’ll be able to wear shoes that are more interesting than the stable running variety. They just don’t coordinate well with skirts, dresses, or anything other than sweats and shorts. 😄

4. October 1, 2015 11:50 pm

Fingers crossed for you! Having chronic pain is such a tragedy, so hopefully something conclusive! Paper stitching is such a fun thing!!

5. October 4, 2015 8:38 am

Gale so sorry to read about your on going pain!

Love your work you share here.