2 colors down

February 18, 2012

Lack of useable colored etching ink has thrown some of my printmaking into a standstill. However, there is always screen printing! My inks for that style are also getting old but still useable. A couple of years ago I switched from Speedball to Versa and I’m not very happy. Maybe it’s the extender but something in the ink gives it a bubbly texture. Personally, I like an ink to lay smoothly over the paper and not yield sticky pock marks.  I also don’t like it when my screen gets a halo happening (probably ink drying in between printing).  Well, at least I’ll have something for the Leftover Print exchange!

This will be a 4 color print of Moby my German Wirehaired Pointer. Maybe it’s considered a 5 color including the white background? Anyway, only two more block outs on the screen and two more colors to run. There have been a few registration glitches but overall things are still looking pretty good. I’ll be happy when it’s done.

1. Maria Blair permalink
    February 18, 2012 11:56 am

What a great picture!

February 18, 2012 2:42 pm

It’s actually the reverse image of Moby. Looking forward to having the water turned back on so I can keep it going. Dave turned it off to work on the bathroom plumbing. 🙂

2. gaudior13 permalink
    February 19, 2012 5:17 am

Gale, this is wonderful! Moby is totally adorable, and the close shot and angle is wonderful.
    Melissa

February 19, 2012 7:38 am

Thanks Melissa! I never realized how hard it can be to get a photograph looking up a dogs nose. They tend to move way to quickly! Glad you’re still keeping track of the studio antics. 🙂

3. Tracie permalink
    February 19, 2012 6:03 pm

His eyes are so alive in this! Nice work Gale!

February 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Rogue could also become a screen print if you would like a little color…. I’ll still finish the black & white version too!

4. February 21, 2012 6:17 am

Cool…can’t wait to see the finished project! 🙂