Dog Print Start

December 16, 2015

IMG_1943-0
I’ve been craving creating a wood block for several months. Rather than feeling hesitant about cutting into a new block (which always scares me), I’m recycling the flip side of an old one.

Hazelnut kindly has provided the inspiration. Yes, we adopted a new dog. She is a terrier mix and full of spunk. I suspect she ended up in the shelter due to a couple of problems that we will hopefully work through in time. She originally comes from New Mexico and has several health problems. Once we fatten her up, the knee problems will be addressed. If the image works out, I’ll donate one to Safe Haven where she was adopted.

General lines are placed and I’ll be working out more before the cutting begins. The completed imagine will be 6″x 9.5″.

No worries Anna, your book is still in process! I’ll reveal more soon!

1. December 16, 2015 3:40 pm

This looks great! Congratulations on getting a new dog 🙂

December 16, 2015 4:06 pm

Thanks! It’s good to have a new muse in the house. You’ll be seeing plenty more of little Hazel!

2. December 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Hazel looks adorable Gale! Looking forward to seeing more of her!

December 16, 2015 4:44 pm

😃 She is a firm member of the household already! Who knew a small dog could be so much fun!

3. December 17, 2015 12:43 am

Dog plus print. What’s not to like?

4. December 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Having gotten to know Hazelnut through your Facebook, I think you have captured her spirit beautifully here. Terriers are a lot of fun and definitely have loads of personality. So glad the adoption is working so well for everyone. Karen

5. jhv57 permalink
    December 21, 2015 4:33 am

Congratulations! Lucky dog!
    Image is very interesting- contemporary composition striking.
    Have fun! I love carving “fur”.

December 30, 2015 7:15 pm