One week until the show hanging and I’m still trying to finish cases. This is the time I wish for the power tool fairy to complete the project. She hasn’t been seen for months! What a slacker! So, I’ll slog onwards through the process , building character and skills as it progresses.
Yesterday it took me hours to figure out how to make the case. For some reason I couldn’t imagine how it was supposed to be constructed (lap joints, routered edges for inset work and a hinged back to the case). After playing around with little sketches, I pulled out a large sheet of newsprint and created a full scale drawing. Success ! Why I didn’t do that from the start, I’ll never know. My brain forgets between wood sessions. Of course, if my father was still around, he would have said “you dummy, do a full drawing!” Anyway, measurements are figured and cutting can begin. Still need to figure out how to use the bench router from my dad’s tool collection. One step at a time today.
We’re also having warmish weather at 50F. Much better for time in the garage.