Whew! It’s August 1 and I’m finally making advances creating art for Halsey, OR. July was consumed by house projects, from re-roofing to installation of a new heating system. Those projects are completed but others have sprung up to compensate for the changes. I won’t bore you with that stuff, but I suspect the work will take us through to the new year and beyond.
Progress report on art!
I waffled over how to create an enlarged version of the paper cut works. Initially, I planned on passing a disk off to one of the copy centers and have them deal with it. Then I got cheap and figured it could easily be accomplished in-house with tiling the images together. I spent some time reviewing how it could be accomplished with Indesign (which I have an old copy of). However, my copy is SO old, it won’t tile a poster image. *Sigh* Then I jumped into creating a PDF and seeing if my old Adobe reader/writer could accomplish this task…. nope! However, I did figure it out on the newer system and it works!
Two panels are now completed (clover and the mature grass)! The poor dogs are rather neglected from all the extra time spent in the garage (a dog free zone). Not sure how I’ll make up for it tonight, but a walk might help!
The clover cut took about 10 hours to complete. The grass only 6. I’m dreading the wood ring cut. That will take several days! Urgh! Hazelnut design will be tomorrows project.
6 thoughts on “Clover and Grasses”
Wow these are epic. I know what you mean about July. It just disappeared!
I’ve never thought of them as epic. Glad you think so !
how about enlarging with a pantograph, old school…
They look GREAT!
Interesting thought, but I now have it figured out for a quicker printout. I had totally forgotten about pantographs!
Glad you like them!
Looking good Gale. I look forward to seeing each one as you complete it. Karen
Thanks Karen! It’s certainly progressing. I wish it was completed already! 🙂