Skip to content

Annie in red test

November 30, 2011

Decisions, decisions… What color to choose for Annie’s scarf? I did an experiment using red vellum & a pair of scissors to get an idea. It  involved creating two prints & combining…. not what I would actually be doing. There was a discovery when printing on vellum:  oil based ink doesn’t dry. Wonder if the water-based would?

Annie on Vellum

I kind of like her all in red…. might make some cool luminaria covering!

Here she is sporting the red shawl/scarf. Think it’s a bit too red. Might end up going for a light green or light blue… Any preferences out there?

Oh, and I won’t be using vellum for the final printing. Most likely it will be a Thai Unryu paper. Currently she is printed on a mullberry paper (more off white) but will probably change to a white Hosho.

4 Comments leave one →
  1. November 30, 2011 11:48 am

    I like the way the first print looks! It’s going to be hard to get it to read as a scarf and not just her fur… I think you’ll know it when you see it.

    • paperstew permalink*
      November 30, 2011 11:58 am

      I completely agree with the difficulty in reading fur vs scarf. More play time to come!

  2. November 30, 2011 12:51 pm

    Personally, I like the experimentation in mediums.

    • paperstew permalink*
      November 30, 2011 1:57 pm

      Hey Chris. Yes, printing it on different surfaces is quite interesting. I’ll be changing the block to eliminate more of the “scarf” area and let it just read as fur. Then I’ll probably cut the block even more and keep it a floating head & see where that leads. thanks for chiming in!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: