Craziness!

October 22, 2013

Holy Cow! Tomorrow, Wednesday, is set up day at Judith’s studio for the big weekends. Dave is off in Seattle for a week long training and I’m home with the hounds from hell. Last night the dogs and I were out on a gloriously warm walk with my girlfriend and were attacked by a black lab running loose. Not even my best “Doggie Daycare” screams could keep the lab away. Reggie lost a clump of fur, Zeek wasn’t touched, but Moby ended up with several punctures from where the dog grabbed his front leg. I couldn’t tell he was bit until we got home and was carefully examined (until it was too much and he tried to bite me). ย I filed a report with the police and will see what happens today.

What’s happening in the studio? Packing! Walls and drawers are systematically being emptied.

studio1

Boxes of framed prints are getting ready to move.

studio2

Pods are accumulating. Five are finished for the studio sale.

studio4

studio3

This trio of hand colored prints from my forest series hasn’t ever been outside the studio. Well, at least in this format! The three prints are hanging inside a hemlock frame. You’ll just have to come see it during the Philomath Open Studio Tour!

1. October 22, 2013 12:10 pm

I haven’t clicked the like bit regarding the dogs getting attacked. Definitely ‘unlike’ attacks by large dogs! Any sign of an owner?

October 23, 2013 8:38 am

The owner was right there and certainly didn’t move very quickly to help avoid the situation. I’m just glad Moby is feeling almost normal today. He sure got the brunt of the attack. The entire neighborhood has bad dog mojo and I think it’s time to move away.
      Yes, an ‘unlike’ button would be good for part of this posting!
      Great to hear from you! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Elaine permalink
    October 23, 2013 7:43 am

Oooh, sorry about the dogs.
    Great forest prints – what did you use to “color” them?

October 23, 2013 8:33 am

Watercolors! It’s a bit challenging on mulberry paper due to the bleed factor.
      Hope to see you at Judi’s Studio!
      ๐Ÿ™‚

3. October 25, 2013 2:51 pm

You poor thing, dog fights are awful! It always strikes me how unconcerned other owners can be when their dogs threaten yours.

October 28, 2013 6:36 am

People are very very strange…. I think it’s time to move away from this area!

4. November 1, 2013 12:12 pm

Hope the dog situation resolves itself ๐Ÿ™‚

November 1, 2013 7:35 pm

Yes and no. I just spent the late afternoon at the vet. Needle biopsy says he doesn’t have an abscess…. but we shall see what happens this weekend. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ