If one doesn’t have supplies, one can’t create. Surprisingly, I had run out of wood from a purchase back in January. It takes 9 feet of wood to create one luminaria. Local sources are not terribly reliable and are horrible at consistent pricing. Time to start searching the internet for other options.

geranium-geverettThis is the green version. I’ve discovered a couple of things while cutting. First, this piece involves a lot of finicky cuts and takes a lot of time. Second, when the branching leaves are not grounded to the border, they can get tweaked in a bad way. See the leaf at the very bottom of the image reaching towards the frame? My hand almost ripped that part off as I was cutting in a different area. I now realize I have to map out how to cut this work in order to keep all parts safe. Once it’s secured to the vellum, it will be stable. Right now it’s a hazard!

The weekend was long. I filled in at The Arts Center Saturday while the rest of the staff set up for the big fundraiser event. Something Dave & I ate Saturday night made us very ill Sunday. No, not from the event. I’m guessing it was an overly organic salad. We also received the next round of negotiations for the sale of one of the family homes. I think it’s going to be a busy busy week with little art. 😦

Published by paperstew

I'm an artist in Albany Oregon focusing on paper and natural objects for inspiration.

3 thoughts on “Sticks

    1. Looking like it will take up the rest of March. If I can get over this hump, it might be smooth sailing… Or one can hope!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: