Artists Running Amok- part 1

October 21, 2015

Oh yes, last night we sprinted between studios during the first night of pre-tour for the 2015 Philomath Open Studios. We managed to make it to 9 out of 17 studios. We have one more night to cover the remaining 8. Saturday, the studios all open at noon for the public. Let the sales begin! Actually, the pre-tour allows us to see everyone’s work and make purchases!  Thank goodness everyone carpooled otherwise it would have been a mess! Below are just a couple of photos from the evening. I didn’t manage to get images of all the studios because I forgot to pull out the camera. Amazing how seeing so many good friends and plenty of great art can cloud the brain.

Sabine

Studio #9- Sabine Miner (encaustic) and Lyn Radosevich (mosaics). Sabine’s studio is inside a gorgeous barn!

Mike and Rinee

Studio #5- Mike Bergen (oil painting) and Rinee Merritt (kiln formed glass/mixed media).

Kitzman Sommers

Blue Studio #4B- Lee Kitzman (ceramics) and Merrill Sommers (metal sculpture). Lt Green Studio #4A- Laura Berman (fiber), Cris Kostol (jewelry), and Sally Ishikawa (glass/multi media)

kitzman 2

Lee Kitzman’s outdoor kiln space with plenty of pots for sale!

Debby Sundbaum Sommers Studio

Studio #3- Debby Sundbaum-Sommers (printmaker, painter) and Lisa Rossiter (jewelry)

mushrooms

Beautiful fall mushrooms at studio #5.

I suspect the public will find something tempting at all 17 studios!

1. October 22, 2015 4:54 am

What a fun event. I hope everyone does well, wish I could join in and see all the studios. Oh, i love the mushrooms, lovely surprise at the end of your post.

October 22, 2015 8:38 am

The mushrooms were at a home I wish I lived at. Actually I’m not certain about the house but the surrounding area is gorgeous with a beautiful garden (surrounded by deer fencing) , goats, lots of trees and tucked above a roaring creek. Downside is that they probably have horrible cellphone reception. I love your recent mushroom drawings! 😄

2. October 22, 2015 12:20 pm

What a great event, i would have loved that. And indeed, an extra treat at the end of the post with lovely mushrooms! xo Johanna

October 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Thanks Johanna! The fun begins tomorrow.

3. October 22, 2015 2:12 pm

What a fabulous art feast, like Cathe I wish I could come and see it all. Karen

October 23, 2015 3:57 pm

I wish the three of you (Anna included) could come. Thanks for the positive energy!