Clover

July 8, 2016

Clover_geverettstudio2016

This was probably the quickest hand-cut paper piece I’ve done so far. I’ll probably alter the arrangement a tad more, to keep better connection to the sides. Clover is quite an abundant crop in the Halsey area due to the local honey producers. Back in 2014, when I created the camas project, I made sure to use local beeswax from an apiary that keeps hives in that area. Clover, radish, and meadow foam are popular bee/honey crops here in the Willamette Valley.

The above work will become part of a public art piece in Halsey, Oregon as part of The Arts Center of Corvallis Art in Rural Communities program. There will be 13 metal panels focusing on agriculture in the Halsey area.

1. July 8, 2016 8:29 pm

This series is so lovely

• July 8, 2016 10:03 pm

I’m glad you are enjoying it. I also have an apple design in the cutting process as well. The clover felt really good today. 😁

2. July 9, 2016 12:01 am

Gorgeous Gale – such lovely strong shapes.

• July 10, 2016 9:19 am

Thanks Anna! I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the clover form. Such a delicate one. I’m seriously considering placing an acrylic panel over each piece for protection.

3. July 9, 2016 8:11 am

Your clovers are beautiful, loving the shapes.

• July 10, 2016 9:17 am

Thank you so much Cathe! I’m feeling better and better about this project. 😄

4. July 10, 2016 1:59 pm

The clover worked beautifully and it was instantly recognised. Is it grown just for the bees? How remarkable, I have never thought of that, here the bee hives just follow the flowers, mostly gum tree around the state for our honey. Karen