Feeling chuffed

November 29, 2018

It’s official! I have art on permanent public display in the council chambers of Halsey Oregon. Wow, I just can’t believe it’s really there and installed, plus giving the space a more dramatic sense. The photos are from Hilary Norton, City of Halsey administrator/recorder. The work was installed yesterday.

I’ll hopefully head down next week for photos and a paint check.

Wow, it couldn’t have found a better home. Those blank walls needed art!

😁

1. Jean permalink
    November 29, 2018 1:11 pm

IT certainly improves their room. Looks great and a nice job of placement. Very nice.

• November 30, 2018 11:24 am

Yes, their room certainly has more interest. One stipulation I had was not to be involved in the hanging of the work. Their height choice was actually what I was thinking. I did give them basic layout plans. 🙂

2. Rebecca Harkey permalink
    November 29, 2018 1:13 pm

Stunning!!! Congratulations, it looks like it was meant to be!

3. Hester Coucke permalink
    November 29, 2018 1:28 pm

It looks GREAT. The Arts Center is very happy to see that a TAC sponsored Art in Rural Storefront project developed into a permanent public artwork. Congratulations Gale AND the City of Halsey!!

• November 30, 2018 11:27 am

Thank you Hester for all YOUR support of this project. It was nice to create a work the city didn’t want to let go. It couldn’t have ended up in a better space. 🙂

4. November 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Wow! Looks perfect in its new, permanent, home. Congratulations!

• November 30, 2018 11:28 am

Thank you Kate! It’s nice to know people will be enjoying it for years to come. 🙂

5. November 29, 2018 9:06 pm

Your work looks fabulous Gale – it fits the space (in all senses) so well. Congratulations!

• November 30, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks Anna. I can still think back to when I first read the prospectus and said no to the whole thing. Big challenges can certainly shift one’s creativity in a positive direction. Glad I went for it! 🙂

6. November 30, 2018 6:21 am

Chuffed on both sides of the pond 😀

• November 30, 2018 11:40 am

😀 There are some words I adore and chuffed is one. It fits!
      Thanks!

7. December 3, 2018 4:44 am

Wow! It looks great—congratulations.

• December 4, 2018 3:45 pm

Thank you Nancy! I never thought I would actually create a piece to be included in a public community space. Life continues to surprise me!

8. December 3, 2018 4:39 pm

This looks great and makes the room so much more interesting. Yay Gale!!!!

• December 4, 2018 3:42 pm

Thank you Cathe! I’m so glad to help create a more outstanding space. The building was the original train depot for the town. Loads of history!