Skip to content

Reliquary Project: Cuts and Sanding

October 26, 2009

Back on Friday I cut out the side panel windows.

Telephone books are handy for drilling surfaces!

holes drilled

This was as far as I went before heading to Eugene. Ready for sanding.

before sanding

Positive progress was made today. Spent the entire day  sanding down the window spaces. The downstairs is now covered with a fine dusting of walnut. Might have to bring out the air filter!

Nigel felt he had to be involved. Four times he plopped down on the work table, used his tail as a duster and added cat hair to the mix.  Glad I wasn’t gluing yet! Equally happy he was not out in the rain. Wet cat paws, wet hair and sawdust…

Nigel the helper

Here is the basic look w/ windows and the unfinished lid.

with lid

end shot w lid

Gluing, lid and base construction tomorrow.

Advertisements
2 Comments leave one →
  1. October 27, 2009 8:26 am

    This is going to be so AWESOME!!! Glad you have an on site supervisor! Good work Nigel!

    • paperstew permalink*
      October 27, 2009 9:41 am

      Nigel is such a good supervisor. He even brings in live squeaky entertainment for all to enjoy!
      Squeak! Squeak!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: