Crazy attempts

April 4, 2015

waves before pen

I was a tad overly ambitious attempting waves for my full page spread. Especially when I don’t work in watercolors. Nor have I ever attempted anything water related before. I think a little addition of black micron pen might aid the situation. However, it reads really well from a distance, actually looking like waves. I’ll sit with it tonight and contemplate a bit more. This particular image is much looser than the other two and probably makes for a good contrast. No matter what, it WILL be sent off to Cathe on Monday!

Off to pick up a some fish for dinner.

1. jeul7 permalink
    April 4, 2015 9:18 pm

Waves look great from here. Peace, Jean

April 5, 2015 8:46 am

Thanks Aunt Jean! I felt like I was channeling my father’s crazy antics with the ocean scene. He did quite a lot of ocean/boat/beach images that now reside at my home. Of course they are still tucked away along with my mother’s pencil sketches of plants. They would have produced some pretty amazing work if they had ever collaborated. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Katheryn Byram permalink
    April 4, 2015 9:31 pm

Very dramatic. I swear I can see those waves move. You’ve got it, girl! K

April 5, 2015 8:41 am

Thanks so much for your continued support Kathy! You’re so kind! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. April 5, 2015 9:13 am

Gale this is breath taking! You have captured the most zen ocean. You are a natural with watercolors. I can’t wait to see this lovely painting in person, it is stunning. Oh how I love the ocean! And I really love your ocean! ~Cathe

April 8, 2015 12:21 pm

Ohh, I like the zen idea! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. April 5, 2015 2:09 pm

Not so crazy after all, with results this good. Can’t wait to see this in person and I will have to start thinking about what my watery contribution will be. Karen

5. April 5, 2015 7:02 pm

You are so brave to experiment like this Gale, but it has paid off in spades! All the drawings you have done for this book are so good. Can’t wait to do some work in all these books, but I do have to get mine done first! Eek!