Final Page

February 22, 2016

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Holy cow! It’s finally done! All it took was letting go of fears and playing with color. Above, I’ve posted the slideshow of progress, from tentative drawing to finished page. I love watching how work develops over time. From a rather bland image to one that has a bit more depth and structure. Well, at least certain areas seem to feel pretty good in my brain. I certainly didn’t think it would turn out quite this well.

I’ll be spending the remainder of the day finishing up the interior spread. A few more leaf chains and then it should be ready for final documentation and the back page write up.

It fills me with joy to finally be so close to moving this book back to it’s creator, Anna Warren. For those who have forgotten or didn’t know about this international sketchbook project, it was started by Anna and involved two others, Karen Bailey & Cathe Jacobi. Each artist created a book, themed it, worked on pages and then passed it on to the next. This is the last book to be finished and it will head back to Australia by Saturday.

check the websites below to see work by the 3 other artists.

Anna Warren

Karen Bailey

Cathe Jacobi

1. February 22, 2016 10:50 pm

This is looking really beautiful Gale, and so good to see the progression. It meshes perfectly with my drawing. Thank you for such a great job!

• February 23, 2016 11:22 am

Just a few more tweaks and the little writing and it will be complete! I’m thrilled you will finally be getting it back.

2. February 23, 2016 1:05 am

It’s glorious (I’m still able to access your blog via email)

• February 23, 2016 11:19 am

at least one thing is working. I’m still trying to figure it out and will probably have to bug the company.

3. February 26, 2016 2:03 pm

This turned out so well Gale, great job, it is so delicate. Karen

• February 26, 2016 5:10 pm

Thanks Karen! It feels so good to end the project with this image. Now it can be carefully packed and sent on it’s way!

4. March 6, 2016 9:47 pm

Congratulations on finishing the book. It is very beautiful and I have enjoyed seeing it come together. And thank you very much for liking “The Web of Depression” on my blog.